MEET MYA K, TEEN BOSS.


We call her Mya Kinlock, but she is Mya K to you.Artist and Entrepreneur at just 14!.She has proved that hardwork and humility truly manifests into success.She made her mark with single "Mr DJ" and her award-winning single "Special Friend" from her previous Album "Blooming Petals"She Just released another Ep "Testify" be sure to check it out.

-How did you get into music?

Since about the age of three,i'v been going to performances in schools.It has always been a passion of mine to entertain people and although,i studied drama and dance,i always excelled in music and had a passion for it.



Nice..What inspires you when you sing?

I love it when i can see/feel my music making other people feel some type of emotion or connection.I write all my lyrics so i feel that really gives authenticity to my music and allows other people to feel something and being able to know i can affect people in a positive way inspires me to make good music


I listen to your songs..most of them and you do inspire me.I see your instagram photos and you always look good..cheesy but good.How would you describe your style?

Oh thank you so much! and yes i do love instagram;).I think my style has a mind of its own..Whenever i have the chance to get all dressed up and girly,i go all out on the makeup and hair e.t.c.But sometimes i really don't care how i look and i go out in a pair of trainers and a plain white shirt with tracksuit bottoms.I have a different style everyday.


Same!I'm not a girly girl but i don't really care too..comfort is everything right??

Exactly!! The Problem is,whenever i put in effort to my looks,no one sees me.when i don't care and come out looking not my best,the whole world comes to visit me



Lol..ikr!!How Can young entrepreneurs like yourself use the internet in a productive rather than a destructive way?

Firstly,i think young people need guidance and protection from their parents(or in my case,my management)because as young people,we can be vulnerable to bad people on the internet so i think safety is key.Also i think it is good to promote good things rather than bad topics.If you follow me on instagram @myakinlock,you will see i have done a couple of posts on racism issues in America.By doing this,I'm promoting awareness which will bring around change for the better.However people posting pictures taking for example,drugs,are promoting a destructive lifestyle.I think the key is to be positive.


I think you are a smart and deep girl.We should definitely hangout.What is your take on girls body shaming their fellow girls?

Ahaha yes we should!And well,i believe that the media body shames females already,so when a woman does it to another woman,i think that is really,really low.Instead,women should lift each other up to be better people because we only live one life and if we live it shaming each other,we're wasting it!


So i watched one of your interviews and you said you would love to collab with Tiwa Savage and Beyonce.Is that still something you wanna do?

Of course!They are both such influential and inspiring people in the industry and i love their sound so i'd like to do something with them.


Who do you consider your fashion icons?

I'd say Beyonce and Kylie Jenner but i also follow many fashion pages on instagram and one of my favourites is @fashionclimaxx2.However,i hardly look to other people for fashion advice.I really like to do my own thing when it comes to fashion.


Here at HW,we are exploring the idea of young ladies having it all.What does having it all mean to you as a teen?

I think for me,having it all means having endless happiness,surrounding yourself with people that love you and push you up,and having the opportunity to pursue your dreams.I guess that's just my interpretation of having it all but others may say having it all is being a billonaire.


Lol.so tell me,who is your MCE(Man crush everyday)

Hmm there are too many!!I'm loving The Weeknd right now,he's currently one of my favourite artists.


Lol.What is one quote you live by?

    "No regrets,just lessons" But that only works if you don't keep repeating your mistakes.

Exactly!!


   Quick Fire Questions

Pop or RnB

RnB

White or Black

Black

Online shopping or Store shopping

Ooo that's a hard one uhh...Online shopping.


Lol..thank you so much Mya!It was nice chatting with you.

Thank you too! I had a fun time:)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS -MY BEST AND WORST DRESSED LIST.

2015 TRENDS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW