MY NYSC CAMP EXPERIENCE.


Heyyy loves! It’s been a hell of a long time! I hope you guys are doing amazing! So, I want to tell you guys a little about my experience at the nys orientation camp and I'mma jump right into it.
I went to the Kubwa orientation camp in FCT, Abuja.
I wanted to make a vlog on my YouTube channel for you all to have a visual experience because I had someone whose phone shot videos in 4K and he helped shoot some videos but I didn’t have enough footage and I wanted it to be really detailed so I decided to write.

In my camp, requesting for exeat Is the easiest thing ever. You can leave whenever you want to and even come back whenever you want to but I stayed for the 21 days which was one of the best decisions I ever made. 
Apart from having just about 4 hours of sleep everyday and having to function on a routine, it was an amazing 21 days experience for me. I got to dwell with people and realize how diverse we really are. I met people I vibed with and I met people I didn’t. 
I was lucky in terms of my hall of residence because I got there quite early so I stayed in one of the newly renovated hostels. Even though we were almost 40 in a room lol. There were a few fights in the room, funny ass young ladies. I heard a lot of stories and really, Scum has no genderπŸ˜‚. There
was a calabar girl in my room that made me laugh till I’d wipe tears from my eyes. Whenever she opens her mouth, everyone bursts out laughing and the funny thing is she doesn’t even laugh. She doesn’t realize how funny she is.
The sound of the bugle irritated my damn nerves. I didn’t like hearing it at all. Also, it’s the harmattan season so it was really difficult for me to handle the early mornings. The cold pierced into my bones. It’s five days after camp and I’m still blowing cattarh from my nose.My natural skin look was always filled with goosebumps and I had to make sure my skin was properly moisturized. That was a lot of work because i didn’t want to look ashy. Everywhere was dusty and to add to that, we’d be told to sit on the floor as punishment so we were almost always dirty. But again, it was all of us so we bonded in dust πŸ˜‚. We weren’t allowed to walk. So it was always “ double up double up!” If not, the camp commandant would tell us to squat or salute a statue. 

I didn’t like the parades so I joined logistics to avoid it. The job of the people in logistics is to carry chairs and arrange them for lectures and events happening in camp. It was quite stressful but I’d choose it over parade any time. I also auditioned for Orientation broadcasting service which also gave me some kind of immunity cus I was almost always in the studio. To top it off, lotta clowns in that obs. Hilarious and talented people and I'm glad I joined it.

I had a spot I where I ate with some cool people I met. I might forget to mention some people if I start naming names lol. It was always a great time with them full of jokes and laughs. 

There were people that proved that feelings could be in a few days. It was cute watching people form camp husband and wife too lol. So dear, don’t let the society stop you from finding loveπŸ˜‚. If you met your future baby daddy/mommy in camp, go for it. I wish you people the very bestπŸ˜‚
To cut the long story short, camp made me realize how we can adapt to any situation we find ourself.  We all used to complain about the routine but still, we made sure we followed it and created our own fun with the little time we had.My normal wake time is 11am or even 12 but now, I’ve been waking before 8 without any alarm and stuff. 
So yeah, whatever situation you find yourself, try to make the most out of it and stay humble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEET MYA K, TEEN BOSS.

2015 TRENDS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW

BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS -MY BEST AND WORST DRESSED LIST.